Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

With the start of the New Year, I have decided to begin a journal of my progress as an artist.  I'm hoping that writing a blog will allow me to share my painting techniques and growth as an artist with anyone who is interested.  And now is a great time to begin since I will be starting to copy Gerard ter Borch's painting, "The Suitor's Visit," on Wednesdays at the National Gallery.  I chose this painting because of Ter Borch's mastery of glazing techniques. Blake Gopnick recently compared him to Vermeer.  (He's good, but not that good!)  Hopefully, some of his mastery will rub off on me!

So if I can figure out how to work all the intricacies of this blogging stuff, I'll be posting regularly.  Stay tuned....

"The Suitor's Visit"

No comments:

Post a Comment